Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jolly.


Posted By: Anna

And so the journey begins….on a bit of a bumpy road!  After a day of productive crafting and thoughtful brainstorming, Kristin and I decided to start this blog.  Not thinking too much of it, I sat down to write my first post and immediately found that I have a lot to learn about blogging…

#1 – You need pictures, and they can’t be all pictures of the finished product
Said pictures of our crafting day will be all of the finished product.

#2  – Taking pictures can be difficult – taking GOOD pictures is even MORE difficult
Said pictures will not be very good, let's say that my picture quality could be a place where the blog "needs improvement”.  I mean we can’t start out as star bloggers right away!  J

When taking pictures you have to think of the background, the lighting, and make sure the actual product looks just as good as it does in real life – and let me tell you, it is NOT easy. 

I should have known this, I mean blogging is really all about the pictures.   Even if I was the most eloquent writer (I mean better than Shakespeare) a blog still needs pictures…so here goes my story of trying to take a picture of the Christmas Cards I made.

First, I thought the shelf would be good...


Too dark.  Then I tried the brown bar stool...


Still too dark and uncentered.  Clearly didn’t learn from the first try.  Third attempt was on the stair railing...


No good.  This just looks like a blurry card on a stair railing. But to keep in the Christmas spirit, maybe the stockings would work...


Nope.  The focus clearly has left the card, and went to the cute stocking holders.  So I went to something that would display the card as its focus – the kitchen floor...


No. Didn’t work either.  As beautiful as the floor is, no one wants to look at the floor.   So we went to the kitchen counter...


I am not sure this was a success either, but I was running out of places to put the dang card and thinking I was being ridiculous as I wandered around the house looking for someplace to “get a good picture” with it. 

The card is cute.  I promise.

That’s all I have for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment